IEEE Cairo University Student Branch was the first IEEE student branch to be established in Egypt.
It is located at the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University and mainly serves five departments within the faculty, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, but it’s activities is not limited to that.
Most of the work is done by IEEE student members and volunteers. Volunteers come from the five departments listed above as well as from other departments in the faculty like Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture Engineering, Mining Engineering and Chemical Engineering besides the students who come from other universities and non-technical faculties.
IEEE Cairo University student branch is a member in the IEEE Egypt Section and in IEEE Region 8 which includes different IEEE units from Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
Our objectives focus mainly on enhancing the research skills of the students, decreasing the gap between theoretical science and practical life, and more other objectives that we are working on. We are over 150 active volunteers distributed over 9 committees and 3 clubs.
Enhancing engineering sense of the engineering students by creating a leading technical community and keeping pace with the current technological advance, and improving interpersonal skills of all students for better Egypt.
- IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award 2010 - 2011
- Best student activity in the faculty of engineering, Cairo university 2010 - 2011
- IEEE Day Photo Contest 2009 - 2010
- 1st Place, IEEE International Student Branches Website Contest 2010
- IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award 2009 - 2010
- 1st Place, IEEE Region 8 Student Branches Website Contest 2010
- 3rd Place, IEEE International Student Branches Website Contest 2009
- 2nd Place, IEEE Region 8 Student Branches Website Contest 2009
- IEEE Student Enterprise Award 2008-2009
- 1st Place, Engineering Student Day (ESD) 2009, Egypt
- 1st Place, Egyptian Universities Youth Week 2009