IEEE Cairo University Student Branch held two different MATLAB workshops for students of the 2nd and the 3rd year.
For the 2nd year students, the course contents were as following:
Day1 – Introduction
• What is MATLAB, why do we use it?
• MATLAB environment
• Some basics (variables, operators)
• Built in functions and commands
Day2 – Arrays and Matrices
• Array construction and mathematics
• Matrices and Operations on them
• Symbolic math & solving equations
Day3 – Programming with MATLAB
• Create M-files & Write your 1st program
• Loops (for, while,..)
• Conditional statements (if-else, switch...)
• Introduction to GUI
Day4 – MATLAB and Signals
• Discrete time Signals
• Signals in freq. domain (Fourier transform)
Day5 – MATLAB and Communications
• Studying Components of a Communication System
• Simulating a Communication System
For the 3rd year students, the course contents were as following:
Day1: Modulation tech. on MATLAB( BPSK, QPSK , 16- QAM….etc )
Day2: Modulation tech. Cont.
Day3: Fading effect & it’s simulation.
Day4: State flow simulation using Simulink.